Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Living Like Children

I read this passage this morning...

The blind and the lame came to him, and he healed them in the Temple. The leading priests and the teachers of religous law saw these wonderful miracles and heard even the little children in the Temple shouting, "Praise God for the Son of David." But they were indignant and asked Jesus, "Do you hear what these little children are saying?"

'Yes," Jesus replied. "Haven't you ever read the Scriptures? For they say, 'You have taught children and infants to give you praise.'"

Matthew 21: 14-16

As I read this, I had to set my Bible down and look at my two boys. They would definitley fit into the category of children and infant. They have such a stripped down reality that has not been blurred quite yet. Children have that ability to see something
for what it is. In this passage, the only response the children could have was of worship toward the Person of Christ. They did not understand the complex aspect of who he was, but saw someone worthy of prasie and i desire to be near him.

All of that to say that my prayer this morning was to refocus on Christ the Person and not the precepts that have come around him to try and explain him or understand what he is. I think he said, "come and follow me". So today and hopefully tommorrow, i will focus on being amazed by Jesus and allowing him to invade my other relationships.

Peace.

No comments: