Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Greatest Time of Year

What is the greatest time of year?

  • It is the time of year when you can watch 16 hours of college basketball two days in a row.
  • It is the time of year when "a 12 beating a 5 seed" is language that makes sense.
  • It is the time of year when you can watch multiple buzzer beaters.
  • It is the time of year when the world stops, computer networks crash (more crashes than a victoria secret on-line fashion show) and people amazingly get sick and have to miss work
  • It is the time of year that helps us understand why Valentine's Day is in February.
  • It is the time of year that is called March Madness.
It starts today and currently i am the 94,000 person in line to be able to watch this on going event from my office at www.cbssportsline.com. I will wait patiently for my turn to get a front row seat at my computer to the monumental event. I love this time of year. I just hope Evan or Kade get sick tommorrow and i can stay home tomorrow and care and comfort them in front of channel 2.

I will call some shots for the day right now:

  • UCLA will win today, but they still suck.
  • Syracuse will loose because they will have just run out of gas and a 12 always beats a 5.
  • I like washington, but i think they will be going home also this is the other 5 vs 12 matchup.
Peace.

5 comments:

Jeremy Del Rio said...

You mean the Big East Invitational! Just because I can, I'm picking UConn over Syracuse, with Villanova and Pitt rounding out the Final 4.

How many Pac-10 teams are still competetive? And whatever happened to the basketball Trojans? Better luck next year.

J-Lou said...

I'll hit you back after Syracuse falls today, JDR. Trojans are restocking for football... i did not even know they had a basketball team.

The Yepiz Zone said...

I'm. picking Uconn to win it all.

Ucla does not suck. Stop being jealous. They will make it to the sweet sixteen, then be eliminated.

As for USC, well...I guess you answered that one already

The Yepiz Zone said...

My friend, UCLA is now being picked as a favored team to make the final four. Every analst, sports columnist, and radio talk show host that I've heard have been on the UCLA bandwagon.

I'm loving it! As I'm sure USC is in the comforts of their couch back home.

J-Lou said...

go ZAGS!