Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Greatest Time of Year

What is the greatest time of year?

  • It is the time of year when you can watch 16 hours of college basketball two days in a row.
  • It is the time of year when "a 12 beating a 5 seed" is language that makes sense.
  • It is the time of year when you can watch multiple buzzer beaters.
  • It is the time of year when the world stops, computer networks crash (more crashes than a victoria secret on-line fashion show) and people amazingly get sick and have to miss work
  • It is the time of year that helps us understand why Valentine's Day is in February.
  • It is the time of year that is called March Madness.
It starts today and currently i am the 94,000 person in line to be able to watch this on going event from my office at www.cbssportsline.com. I will wait patiently for my turn to get a front row seat at my computer to the monumental event. I love this time of year. I just hope Evan or Kade get sick tommorrow and i can stay home tomorrow and care and comfort them in front of channel 2.

I will call some shots for the day right now:

  • UCLA will win today, but they still suck.
  • Syracuse will loose because they will have just run out of gas and a 12 always beats a 5.
  • I like washington, but i think they will be going home also this is the other 5 vs 12 matchup.
Peace.

3 comments:

Jeremy Del Rio said...

You mean the Big East Invitational! Just because I can, I'm picking UConn over Syracuse, with Villanova and Pitt rounding out the Final 4.

How many Pac-10 teams are still competetive? And whatever happened to the basketball Trojans? Better luck next year.

J-Lou said...

I'll hit you back after Syracuse falls today, JDR. Trojans are restocking for football... i did not even know they had a basketball team.

J-Lou said...

go ZAGS!